Monona Rossol will be conducting a forum on Wednesday, May 24th, 10 am – 1 pm, titled Asbestos Ambushes
This webinar will discuss:
· The basics of asbestos and all particles that can cause mesothelioma.
· The six asbestos minerals, where they are found, and the OSHA rules that apply.
· Why there currently is no certified lab method that can be certain to identify all types and sizes of particles of asbestos at low levels.
· Why sellers of cosmetic and industrial talc have data they believe shows their products safe while asbestos experts show conflicting data.
· Examine FDA’s road map for developing the kind of test actually needed.
· Sources of asbestos, some of which you probably have never heard about.
· The human tragedy of asbestos exposure, examining some mesothelioma cases and the effects it has had on exposed victims and their families.
At the end of this forum, we hope you have a better understanding of asbestos and not be a victim of its silent ambush.
For over 35 years, Monona Rossol has worked as a consultant to architects planning ventilation and safety features for art and performing arts buildings. For the last two years she has been consulting with various film and theater unions (SAG-AFTRA, IATSE, AFM) to help them get proper ventilation for reducing transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in buildings ranging from large arenas and theaters to small studios and workshops and even smaller sound booths and broadcast studios.
Please register by May 22nd via the Zoom link: https://tinyurl.com/asbestosambush OR
After you register, you will be provided a link to participate via Zoom or by phone.
Participants will be sent a pdf of the slides for references to sources and studies cited in the presentation.