Qualified Safety Person/Safety Engineer – Menotti Enterprise, LLC-New York, NY
Qualified Safety Person/Safety Engineer
Menotti Enterprise, LLC-New York, NY
The Qualified Safety Person/Safety Engineer will establish & maintain a safety program on a construction project within the 5 boroughs, Westchester or Long Island. They will be required to perform daily field inspections, provide site safety oversight, implement safety procedures, and ensure daily compliance by all contractors on site. This position is a hands-on position with a diverse set of responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of job-specific safety procedures, execution, and implementation of procedures in the field (self-performed and subcontractors)
- Take any and all corrective actions necessary to eliminate hazards and prevent recurrence
- Take responsibility for all aspects of safety on the project
- Will have the authority to take prompt action as necessary to ensure work sites are maintained and work is performed in compliance with the safety requirements of the contract as well as applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Performs daily site safety inspections; identify, document and correct any health and safety deficiencies, and to enforce the requirements of the Environmental, Health & Safety Program and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Ensures that safety meetings are held with all workers on site.
- Conducts accident and near-miss investigations & documents details proficiently.
- Prepares and administers the Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
- Maintain & complete all daily reports.
- Maintain site-specific permit logs
- Works well in groups
- Be able to write and review JHA’s
- Perform accident investigations
Qualifications – Minimum Experience / Certification
- 30 Hour OSHA for Construction
- 8 Hour NYC DOB Safety Manager Course
- 5 years construction experience
- 1 years safety experience
Qualifications – Preferred Experience / Certification*
- 5 years safety experience
- 40 Hour NYC DOB Safety Manager Course
- 32 Hour NYC DOB Supported Scaffold Course
- 32 Hour NYC DOB Suspended Scaffold Course
- S-56 Fire Safety Manager
- Member of American Society of Safety Engineers
- NYS DOL Asbestos Inspectors License
- C-3 Supervisor / Competent Person Training for De-Leading
- Track Trained
For more information contact:
Joseph M. Castillo
Director of Field Operations and Business Development