Safety Specialist – Plum Island
ASRC Federal Field Services, a Subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is currently seeking a Safety Specialist at the Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center, located on Plum Island, NY. (1.5 nautical miles off North Fork of Long Island & 6 nautical miles off coast of Old Saybrook, CT). Marine transportation furnished by Gov’t provided ferry.
Supervise and coordinate all aspects of operational and occupational safety functions at a research facility. Oversee and ensure facility operational procedures as well as local, state, federal and OSHA compliance/reporting as it relates to the occupational health & safety practices. Participate in developing and implementing a comprehensive facilities safety program undertaking indicated and necessary adjustments to procedure and resources in order to ensure improvements in service delivery. Serve as the staff specialist in safety by developing and carrying out procedures with the line organization that effectively control accident and health exposures.
- Coordinate the ES&H inspection program, hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Ensure development of job hazards analysis and related safety procedures.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Serve as liaison with corporate safety; manage OSHA injury logs, supports PPE and respirator programs. Assist other functional groups as directed.
- Inspect/evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Conduct safety training or education programs. Investigate health-related complaints and inspect facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation and regulations.
- Assist in the budget and planning of ES&H expenditures as well as review and recommend new technologies.
- Ensure adequate and cost-effective safety supplies and equipment is available to meet the operational needs of the facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent; 5-7 years of experience. CIH or CSP preferred. OSHA General Outreach Trainer credential desired. Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
For more information contact: JYoung@asrcfederal.com