Senior Safety Engineer – Port Authority
Posted: Apr 22, 2019
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Safety Management, the selected candidate will be responsible to evaluate conditions at Port Authority facilities; identify and characterize potential safety conditions; establish recommendations for improvements, develop safety procedures and standards, evaluate safety programs, provide technical advice on accident prevention, evaluate and recommend new safety initiatives and equipment necessary to enhance the overall Port Authority safety program, generate statistical reports review and interpret safety regulations, prepare reports on assigned special projects. Coordinate emergency evacuation programs for Port Authority facilities and provide emergency evacuation training to Agency personnel as required. Participate in Safety Committee meetings at various facilities throughout the agency. Must be willing to learn and become proficient in the use of the safety software/technology initiatives managed by the Safety and Occupational Health Division.
The position requires travels to all Port Authority facilities and work hours on occasion may include early morning, late evening and weekend shifts to respond to emergencies and safety related events.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ safety experience
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Practical safety experience
- Working knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations
- Ability to interpret regulations and prepare safety programs to ensure compliance with regulations
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and project management
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multi task and work independently to complete tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The successful candidate will be subject to a comprehensive background check, must pass a finger-print based criminal history records check in order to obtain an airport Security Identification Display (SIDA) credential. The candidate must be able to maintain SIDA credentials throughout your employment in this position.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
To learn more click here.