EHS Manager – Nature’s Bounty – Leonia, NJ
Posted: Feb 05, 2020
Do you have a passion for environmental health and safety programs? Do you enjoy leading cross functional teams to achieve Operational Excellence in Safety?
If given the opportunity, would you be able to drive safety improvements in compliance, demonstrating your knowledge as it relates KPI’s and lower incident rates?
If so, look no further than The Nature’s Bounty Co. and our opening for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for championing the EHS function for one of our facilities, which is a part of a growing organization within the upward trending Health and Wellness Industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and oversee the site’s Environmental Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and procedures.
- Perform health and safety inspection audits and reviews investigation reports to ensure that corrective actions will eliminate recurrence and unsafe acts/conditions.
- Analyze accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
- Maintains compliance with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of staff and visitors.
- Ensures that all regulations and codes are maintained throughout the plant facility and at all levels of production, warehouse, and office level throughout the organization.
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment meets safety regulations and that all equipment and tools are used correctly by all personnel.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all facilities and equipment. Any and all areas used by associates, customers, vendors, must be free of hazards at all times.
- Ensures that all equipment such as fire extinguishers, hard hats, gloves, and ergonomic devices must be available and in good working condition.
- Understanding of safety laws, regulations, and language as it relates to state & federal.
- Responsible to conduct safety audits and implementing appropriate changes to correct or comply with regulations/standards.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Designs training for personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in the plant facility.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Business or related disciple preferred
- 5+ years relevant industry experience in a fast-paced manufacturing/warehouse/distribution environment
- Knowledge and experience with external planning tools (i.e. JDA, Oracle, SAP, etc.) and/or business intelligence
- Knowledgeable of EHS disciplines, sciences and regulations.
- Military experience a plus
- Ability to assess potential risks and to quickly identify appropriate corrective actions.
- A good understanding of business operations (business acumen) including project management skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Ability to energize others to work toward the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong change management skills to drive and sustain improvement in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written communication, presentation and computer skills.
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- Exhibit positive attitude regarding work and responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Continuously look for ways to do things faster and better, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Is creative and intellectually curious; tries different and novel ways to solve obstacles.