Construction Consultant – Chubb Global Risk Advisors
Posted: Mar 12, 2020
Chubb Global Risk Advisors – Construction Consultant
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The role of the HSE Construction Consultant is integral in ensuring customer satisfaction and the profitable growth of Chubb Global Risk Advisors (CGRA). This role regularly interfaces with all levels of HSE operations, CGRA Sales and Marketing, Contractors, Chubb Underwriting, MGA’s and MGU’s, broker partners and client personnel. Provides Health, Safety, and Environmental consultative services to assigned clients in a specific territory. Frequent travel required to support Chubb Global Risk Advisors clients regionally and occasionally throughout the US.
- Assists clients in the development and implementation of written HSE policies, programs and practices.
- Work as an individual consultant or as a member of a team to conduct HSE audits, assessments and inspections.
- Develop and deliver technical safety and health training.
- Conducts risk evaluation surveys to assist in the underwriting process of new and renewal business. Evaluate compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepare technically detailed reports providing a clear assessment of risk and appropriate recommendations.
- Assist clients on implementation of Safety and Health programs and audit recommendations.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that may include underwriters, brokers/agents, and clients.
- Performs special assignments and projects as assigned.
- A minimum 3 – 5 years of Construction Consulting and Health, Safety, Environmental experience supporting customers across multiple industries.
- BS degree in safety related sciences, engineering, related field, or equivalent.
- Certifications like ASP, CSP, CHST, ARM, CRIS etc., or willingness to work towards obtaining them within twelve months.
- Expertise in safety and health compliance, practices, problem solving and verification.
- Possesses understanding and application of risk control principles and techniques as it relates to Hazard/Exposure Identification, Analysis, Control, Risk Assessment and Management.
- Must be an OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer (OSHA 10-30 hour)
- Excellent knowledge of safety regulations and recognized safe work practices is required.
- Will need to pass clearance for airport security SIDA (Security Identification Display Area) for access to secure areas of airport facilities.
- Ability to access remote job locations, climb ladders to inspect elevated work sites, work at heights and traverse difficult terrain is required. Air travel may be required, must be able to travel by air.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Good interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Proficient personal computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrates consistent quality in delivering desired results and meeting operational needs.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, is self-motivated, self-managed and disciplined.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet all of OSHA’s respirator standard and respiratory protection program guidelines in the event respirators are required.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York City / New Jersey Region
Health, Safety and Environmental
Travel – Yes, 50 % of the Time
Posting Date – March 2020