Corporate Health and Safety Manager – Canon Business Process Services
Posted: Apr 22, 2019
Experience working in various industries, including warehouse and distribution a plus.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process safety risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Perform safety audits to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, and install preventive measures with the goal of achieving zero accident days. Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
- Devise methods to evaluate Corporate safety programs and review to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development.
- Manage safety equipment inventory to ensure adequate supply levels at all times. Maintain and update Corporate Policy and Procedure manual and safety standard operating procedures.
- Manage and coordinate Corporate Safety Committee.
- Manage and coordinate safety activities, through subordinate personnel, to ensure implementation of safety activities throughout the organization.
- Develop and Implement accident-prevention, loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies of Canon Business Process Services.
- Evaluates technical and scientific publications concerned with safety management and participates in activities of related professional organizations to update knowledge of safety program developments.
- Engage in the development, planning, and implementation of environmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Create safety programs for new and current employees on hazardous material safety, industrial hygiene, and emergency response procedures.
- Install EHS management system.
- Develop more in depth review and trending reports for Near Losses & First Aids incidents
- Implement improved safety orientation and short service employee program.
- Strengthen Corporate Safety communication program.
- Develop regulatory compliance program to ensure change awareness and program updates for specific clients or industries. .
- Prepares and maintain annual OSHA logs and provide analyses for monthly Executive Board meetings. Calculates CBPS Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)
- Provides input into Request for Proposals regarding safety inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Natural Science with at least 10 years of experience in the field of Safety and environmental science.
- CIH (Certified Ind. Hygienist) or CSP (Certified Safety Professional)
- Proven experience in developing and implementing Corporate Safety training programs
- Knowledge of HSE Management systems
- Extensive Case Management experience
- Strong knowledge of behavioral based safety strategy and tactics
- Understanding in Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Hazards Administration) regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, local ordinances, and other rules and regulations associated with facility and employee Health & Safety
- Microsoft Word, excel, PowerPoint
- Will require some travel, approx. 5% – 10%
What We Offer:
An opportunity to join an established team and be part of a successful and proven global organization!
A competitive compensation program!
Large Company Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/401K with a competitive company match!
Employee discounts on Canon products & vendor discount programs for employees!
World-Class Training & Career Development Programs!
To learn more click here.